On October 1, 2008, a long-awaited initiative was launched in the Québec community sector. In response to a strongly felt need, the Québec community movement created a supplemental pension plan for its workers. Above all, the new RRFS-GCF Plan is adapted to the real-life needs and operations of community and women’s groups.
The Community and Women’s Groups Member Funded Pension Plan is a collective tool for improving salaried community workers’ income security upon retirement and, consequently, enhancing the sustainability of group action.
The RRFS-GCF pension committee has prepared this site in order to answer your questions and, if you do not already belong to the Plan, to encourage you to join us.
Who can become a member of the Pension Plan?
– Joining the Plan is a wise decision, seeing that unlike RRSP income, the Plan benefits are guaranteed.
– The Plan administration is aligned with values emphasizing respect for democracy and people’s rights. Plan investments are aimed at generating the necessary returns to pay the promised pension benefits, while complying as closely as possible with the community sector’s social, environmental and governance values.
– The Plan is flexible. Each participating organization sets its total contribution rate (between 2% and 18% of salary). The rate can be raised or lowered on a annual basis.
What are the main features of this made-to-measure Pension Plan?
How does an organization join the Plan?
– Following an information and consultation period, the board resolution has to be approved by the labour union or, if there is no union, by at least 70% of the employees.
– The organization and its salaried employees decide on the total contribution rate and the breakdown of this rate between the employer and members. (The employer contribution has to be at least half of the total contribution.)
– The organization completes the membership guide and contacts the Plan secretariat.
List of documents available in English
– The Plan Enrolment Guide and Form
– A few clarifications on enrolment rules for the Régime de retraite des groupes communautaires et de femmes – Presentation RRFS-GCF
– Plan Promotional Pamphlet A brief overview of the advantages of becoming a member of the Pension Plan.
– Plan Promotional Brochure A summary of the Plan’s overall structure, set-up and functioning.
– A pension plan designed and managed by community groups for better income security at retirement : Community Pension Plan and UQAM
Plan promotional Web vignette
Vous avez d’autres questions concernant nos services?
Sans frais : 1-888-978-4473
Téléphone : (514) 878-4473